This may just be my favorite thing to cook lately. The first time I tried it I thought “did I really make this in my own kitchen?!” Kid you not, it tastes like its from a fancy restaurant. If you love blue cheese, then you are going to love this yummy dinner.
You can serve the sauce alone, or over pasta. Unfortunately, I love carbs, so I added the noodles. The recipe will feed two really hungry people with maybe leftovers for one. So if you’ve got more to feed, I suggest you double it.
- 3 chicken breasts
- I used chicken tenders because I already had them on hand.
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Be sure to sip on a glass while you’re cooking!
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 oz)
- or more to your taste…you know, whatever floats your boat
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2-3 cups of smaller noodles. Orzo or Farfalline work great.
- Preheat oven to 375
- If using chicken breasts, slice them lengthwise so that you create two from the original breast. They are thinner this way and cook quicker.
- In an OVENPROOF saucepan, bring olive oil to medium heat and cook the chicken about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Once the chicken is seared (a little golden brown on both sides, doesn’t have to be cooked through, yet), add the white wine and turn the heat to low.
- Simmer the chicken in the wine for 8-10 minutes until the wine is reduced by half.
- While doing all of this … don’t forget to boil your noodles!
- Add the cheese, heavy cream, and the parsley.
- For just another minute, simmer it all together. Then pop the whole thing in the oven for 15 minutes. The sauce will thicken to a delicious consistency!
Ta da! Blue Cheese Chicken and Noodles. I paired ours with frozen green beans from Trader Joe’s. They taste really fresh and take only about 5 minutes in the microwave. Easy peasy.
original recipe here