Today, I’m starting with this red & white striped halter dress, and how I got it for a steal and how you can get your favorite Anthropologie pieces for a steal too!
This striped Anthropologie dress was on my wishlist for months, but at it’s $198 price tag, I decided to stalk it until it went on sale. Sure enough, the stalking was a success and I ended up nabbing this pretty for only $59! WIN!!
How to Stalk an Anthro Dress Until it Goes on Sale:
- Create a wishlist on Anthropologie.com. (You can do this for free by creating an account on the site.)
- Add all of your favorites (full price & sale to said wishlist)
- Check in on your wishlist every Monday!
- Monday’s are the days that Anthro usually marks their items on sale. If the price of your favorite piece has changed, you’ll see it right away on your wishlist.
- If the item you couldn’t live without has hit sale & sold out in your size before you could nab it, call your local boutique!
- You’d be surprised how often items are returned or exchanged so you never know if your favorite dress is sitting in a back stock room waiting for you.
- Worse comes to worse and you missed your favorite piece in your size. Don’t give up! Items “pop-back” on the Anthro website all the time. Again, returns and exchanges. I check my wishlist every other day or so and have managed to nab “pop-backs” of my wishlisted items at super low prices!
- Remember: it’s a game!
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. If you literally can’t live without the item, nab it full price because there’s no guarantee you can get it on sale later. (And let’s be honest … sometimes we just can’t live without that party dress!)
- But when you do nab it for basically nothing, enjoy your triumph!
At 17 weeks pregnant, I’ve definitely had to put some thought into which dresses work well for the bump, and which don’t. I knew that this red & white one would work because I could cinch the fabric tie above the bump instead of at the waist.
Shop the Look:
I wore this striped party dress out to dinner with the girls one night in Charleston. I also wore it for our gender reveal party back in Memphis a few weeks ago! Even though it’s getting later and later in the summer, I don’t expect to stop wearing this pretty summer sundress anytime soon!
Hope you all have a great start to the work week! Since I can only have one cup of coffee a day, (preggers yall!) please have a cup for me! And as always, thanks for stopping by the blog!
photos by LA Photography