Fall, I can alllmost see you, feel you, hear you. (On TV, that is!) The October forecast here in Houston is still consisting of highs in the 80s and lower 90s. This former Tennessee-living girl was spoiled by her changing leaves, crisp fall temperatures & evening bonfires!
So today, I’m pretending it’s fall. On the blog at least! Sharing this cozy fall look, these OTK boots that are less than $90 AND my 10 favorite things about this season we all hold dear.
I’ve been counting down the days until I can start wearing big billowy sweaters on the regular. They just seem like they’d be oh-so-comfortable with this growing baby bump! I love this poncho from Style & Co at Macy’s. It’s currently on sale for only $36 and comes in a few other colors too. Paired with my distressed skinnies, a maternity tee, this gorgeous watch from Piperwest & these fabulous over-the-knee boots, I’m ridiculously ready for the cooler temps ahead.
Y’all, these boots are only $89! I remember when OTK boots first hit the market and you couldn’t find a decent pair for under $200. I love that this pair zips all the way up on the side and that the boots stay put – no unnecessary slouching whatsoever!
And now, just for fun, I’m sharing my 10 favorite things about fall.
1. Bonfires. Hands down my number one. If I can’t be out in the wilderness camping, I can at least pretend I’m camping in my own backyard. We bought a chiminea last winter that we only were able to use for a few months before it got hot again. Looking forward to many nights sitting beside it soon!
2. Fall Foliage. Of course. Thankfully we’re headed up to Maine this fall and we’ll actually get to SEE some fall leaves! In Houston, you might stumble upon just one changing tree. (If you’re lucky!)
3. Football Season. Go Vols!
4. Fall Scented Candles. Because when else is it totally appropriate for your home to smell like cinnamon and pumpkins? (Love this particular one!)
5. Carving Pumpkins. You never grow out of this one! I’m actually headed to a pumpkin carving party this weekend and I couldn’t be more excited.
6. Mums. Decorating the front porch with fall mums is a tradition which I adore, plus they’re kinda difficult to actually kill, if you’re thumb isn’t so green. Win!
7. Oversized Sweaters. Naturally, fashionista & sweater obsessed that I am – I love love love wearing oversized sweaters all fall long.
8. Apple Cider. Spiked when I’m not pregnant, and regular when I am. There’s nothing quite like sitting on the back porch, soaking up a fall breeze & sipping on an ice cold cider!
9. Cozy Socks. I’m a big fan of printed wool socks instead of slippers for a lazy day at home.
10 Last but not least, it’s a time of year that you look at things differently. I love this quote in particular, “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.” It’s a fun way to think about your outlook this time of year, when we look at something that’s dying as the most beautiful thing!
Wherever you live, I hope you’re able to enjoy a taste of fall this October! And as always, thanks for stopping by the blog. Don’t forget to follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook & Twitter for all the goings-on behind the blog.
photos by This Lavender Life