Happy Christmas Eve, Eve! I’ve officially entered the 9th month of my pregnancy and things are starting to feel so so real! More of my thoughts on that subject & a 36-week bumpdate in a bit. But first I’ve gotta share this cozy wintery outfit with y’all!
We actually had a cold snap in Houston last weekend! When we shot these photos it was 41 degrees, which to us Texans … might as well be -15 degrees. I loved being able to layer up my look with good reason, for once. This cozy poncho was a sample sale find from my old days in marketing for
This cozy poncho was a sample sale find from my old days in marketing for francesca’s. It’s oversized enough that the baby bump is tucked away oh-so-perfectly underneath. I’ve linked a few similar options, all under $100 for y’all above! I paired it with a black tee, and all black shoes & accessories. I love this velvet bow clutch from Ann Taylor. The obvious choice is to pair a clutch like this one with a fancy party dress, but I like the way it looks laid back & weekend casual too!
My Thoughts on 36-Weeks
Size: According to my “What to Expect” app, baby girl is about the size of a “large cantaloupe.” Aka HUGE and roughly 6 pounds.
Due Date: So last bumpdate, I broke the news that I was set up for a scheduled C-Section because our little one was breech. Well, that smart cookie flipped on us!! I’m one proud mama. Her due date is back to Jan. 16th and her actual arrival is still up in the air. I’m on pins & needles waiting for her!
Feeling: Excited. Anxious. Overcome with emotions about the fact that she will for sure be here in less than a month!! But physically? Pretty good shockingly. I think I’ve had a sudden burst of energy lately. I’ve found myself really wanting to get ready for her arrival. Doing all the baby laundry, scrubbing the kitchen & what not. Like why was I cleaning the top of the microwave last night at 10:30 pm? I have NO idea.
Cravings: My appetite is insane! I’ve reached the point where I can eat every single morsel on my plate and then some. And I’m notorious for never being able to finish my meal, especially when we go out to eat. The portions in Texas are HUGE! What’s even crazier, is that now I’m ready for dessert as soon as I clean said plate. Not going to lie, I’m enjoying this!
Recent Highlights: Packing our hospital bags! Last weekend Patrick and I ran around the house getting everything organized, folded and packed away. It was like we were packing for a vacation, as we rounded up our clothes & toiletries, asking each other “should we bring this” while both waving our cozy flannel shirts in the air. Actually, it was kind of confusing when it was all said & done. Afterwards, we just sat on the couch and turned on a movie with no plans to acutally go anywhere. But now our bags are stowed away just waiting to be used!
Up Next: Several more check ups and one more ultrasound then she’ll be here! Uh oh, that reminds me …. I still need to register at the hospital, get the “anti-whooping cough” shot & call insurance for a breast pump. Apparently, they are free with most insurance plans! Who knew. I’m sure I’m forgetting at least 45 things, but those are at the top of my list.
Nursery: It’s … almost … finished!! We’re painting the dresser this weekend if the rain holds off & then we can finally put all of her little clothes away. We have a few more shelves to hang up and areas to straighten & organize, but for the most part, it’s absolutely ready for her arrival.
Third Trimester Favorites:
- All of Patrick’s clothes!! He made the mistake of letting me borrow his sweat pants & t-shirt the other day, and now that’s all I want to wear when I’m at home. 😉
- My couch. Seriously though, it’s one of my favorite things in the world right now. I’ve decided the hibernating has begun and I’m planning to spend the next few weeks relaxing with Patrick & the pups, and my favorite books & tv shows of course.
- My diaper bag. I packed it with all the little things we’ll need for baby girl at the hospital. I’m in awe already with how much it holds and all of the little compartments dotted throughout the stylish bag. Can’t wait to start using it!
- Bows from Baby Bling Bows. I can’t handle how cute all of these precious headband bows are! I may or may not have just ordered 7 of them. One for each day of the week, I suppose??
- Last but not least, Amazon Prime. I’ve been ordering my life away on Amazon! Everything that I’ve needed for the nursery or the home that ordinarily I’d run to Target for, I’ve just ordered it online. I’ve become such a homebody and the thought of battling a supermarket for anything during the holidays in Houston, & at 9 months pregnant, is just …. horrifying. Thank goodness for 2-day delivery!
As always, thanks so much for stopping by the blog. I’ve had such fun sharing these bumpdates with yall! I’m thinking I’ll probably just have one, maybe two more before baby girl is here. EEEk I’m so excited!
photos by LA Photography