Happy Tuesday! Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Did you soak up the sun or stay indoors? (Houston’s weather was no bueno!) Even though summer doesn’t officially begin until late June, I always think of Memorial Day weekend as the unofficial kick-off to the season. Don’t you? Summer is the time for cookouts, pool days, vacations and watermelon margaritas! It’s also time for mini dresses, pom pom details and strappy sandals! 😉 To celebrate the season, I’m chatting about this red pom pom dress from Anthropologie and my summer bucket list today!
This red pom pom shift dress is a recent Anthropologie find. I love how Anthro dresses always have such fun & unique details. The red trim has a 3D look to it and is the perfect contrast to the tribal-inspired print. I styled it with my bamboo bag, seashell statement earrings & cork heels (on sale!) for a resort-ready look. Just throw this shift on over your swimsuit and you’re ready to grab dinner & drinks!
Shop the Look:
Speaking of resorts, ohhhh how I wish I was relaxing poolside at one right about now! Feeling this especially strong today with this crazy rainy humid weather we’re currently having. To celebrate the start of summer, I’m sharing my summer bucket list! It’s kind of a reminder for me of all I want to do these next few months and maybe inspiration for anyone else looking for fun ways to fill their time! I always love looking back on these and seeing what all was checked off in retrospect. 😉
- Swim in the ocean.
- Attend any sort of work out class. Perks if Annie can come!(Checking out DefineBaby this week!)
- Go on more walks around the neighborhood. (Before 9am … bc otherwise it’ll be too hot.)
- More dates with Patrick! Maybe we’ll actually get a babysitter this time?!
- Cook more seafood + summer recipes at home.
- Day trip to Magnolia Market in Waco.
- Visit my college roomie in Austin.
- Attend a blog conference.
- Travel somewhere new.
- Join our neighborhood pool + actually go to it!
- Build a sandcastle with Annie.
- More girl’s nights.
- Sip wine on the patio more often.
- Wake up before Annie does to get work done + enjoy more free time with her during the day.
- Explore the Houston Aquarium.
- Ride our bikes again! & find a nifty bike baby carrier for Annie.
- Visit family every chance we get.
- See the symphony in the park.
- Read 1-3 books… & finish them!
- See fireworks.
While some of these are silly + some are lofty (the whole waking up early thing) I’m certainly going to try to knock off as many as I can before Labor Day weekend arrives!