Shop the Look:
Overalls have been back in style for a few years now and I’m oh-so-grateful. I wore this trusty pair of mine ALL the time when I was pregnant and I love how they fit even after baby too. Paired with a girly flowy top & heels, this day – to – night trend is anything but farm girl and everything chic. I’m sharing a peek into how I styled my distressed pair below & also chatting about five things I can’t get enough of lately.
Place your content for the first column here.
One of my favorite ways to style a pair of overalls is with a flowy off-the-shoulder top. (Or with anything with frilly feminine sleeves for that matter.) I think it really dresses up the look, making it look more stylish & sophisticated. This polka dot top is an Anthropologie oldie that I still find myself wearing all the time. (Linked a few similar styles below!) Paired with a cork crossbody bag and matching heels, a look like this is perfect for a coffee date, Sunday brunch or even a casual happy hour with the girls.
Shop the Look:
In non-overall related news, we’ve been laying pretty low this weekend. (Still recovering a bit from our travels the week before.) Behind the blog, I’ve been binge-watching Game of Thrones from the beginning (It’s pretty fun to re-watch your favorite characters develop) while simultaneously catching up on my never ending to-do-list. Balancing work, parenting & all the household chores can be a lot! But somehow I’ve been able to fit in some me time, whether it be reading a book, trying out a new face mask or stopping and smelling the roses along our morning walks. I’m chatting about my five recent favorite things below!
- Confidence in a Cream Moisturizer. I always put on iTCosmetics moisturizing cream before I apply any foundation or concealer. The moisturizer really helps the next layover of makeup to absorb + it’s anti-aging, so that’s always a win.
- This meatloaf recipe. I never really cared for meatloaf until I tried THIS ahhh-mazing recipe. The key ingredient? A piece of white cheddar cheese inside each mini loaf! Talk about YUM.
- The Prettiest Eyeshadow Palette. These shades go on with just a swish and STAY on. Which is huge in my opinion! I feel like with a lot of my makeup, I’ll apply it and by the afternoon I’m like “where did all of my makeup go!?” Love that these colors stay put.
- These Velvet Bow Mules. A shoe trend that I am all over! Mules are a great option for moms (or anyone) on the go for that matter. The stylish shoe has a low heel which makes running around town a (chic) breeze.
- These Wine Glasses. I love that the amber stems on these hand blown glasses play off of the gold details in our china. Makes dinner parties all the more fun!
Hope you all have a great start to the new week. And as always, thanks for stopping by the blog!
photos by Ban Avenue