Shop the Look:
This flowy dress is the answer to all of my breezy boho dreams! As soon as I saw it online I knew it had to get in my closet! (Why does that seem to happen to me so often!?! lol!) In the process of purchasing this pretty, I discovered a whole new secret to shopping Anthropologie online that I think has changed … everything! More details on that below + a little bit of a life update!
Shop the Look:
Typically when ordering online at Anthropologie, it comes with a price: shipping. Shipping can be anywhere from $7-$15 … or even more. Having gotten so used to the ease of Amazon Prime, paying for shipping and waiting any longer than two days is just no fun. Thankfully Anthropologie has answered all of the prayers of their customers and now offers In-Store Pick Up to those online purchases. When shopping Anthro online, right under the little button that says “add to cart” there is a box where you can check whether or not the item is available in your store. If it is, you can order it right then and there and a message will be sent to your local boutique to have it packaged & waiting for you.
In-store pickup purchases waive the shipping charges and usually take only about 24 hours before they are ready to be retrieved. So that is almost like FASTER than Amazon Prime! But you do have to leave your house. At least you’re going someplace beautiful that can’t help but make you smile! Or is that just me when I shop at Anthro!?
Anywho, this “Toronto Dress” as Anthro calls it, is something that totally makes me smile. And the fact that it is on MAJOR sale! What was once $198 is now $99 AND an extra 30% off of that. I had to grab it before it was gone. 😉 It’s a great dress to transition into fall and it’s super comfortable too. I paired it with a belt to define the waist but it would also be just as cute without. But definitely size down if you’re thinking about it!
A Little Life Update
Sharing a few bits & bobs of what’s been going on behind the blog lately!
- Patrick, Annie and I have been major homebodies this past week & weekend. We whipped up one of our favorite fall chili recipes and have been munching on that all week long. I decided to spice it up this go-round by adding Poblano Peppers. I’ll definitely be sharing the recipe soon!
- I started not one but TWO part-time jobs this week. In addition to blogging and doing freelance projects at home, I’ll now be working a few shifts a week at two of my favorite places. Can you guess? One is all about vintage and the other is heavily mentioned in today’s blog post. 😉 It’ll be a fun (& fashionable) little escape from the house two or three times a week. And both places are being super flexible with my hours so I am still home with Annie all day during the work week.
- I just re-watched the movie, Julie & Julie. Forgot how AMAZING that movie was! Now I’m inspired all over again to take my stab at a recipe in Julia Child’s French Cookbook.
- Patrick and I are headed to the Texas State Fair in Dallas next weekend. We’ve never been before and are more than thrilled! If you’ve been, pretty please tell me your favorite things about the fair & what we can expect. I always love y’alls recommendations!
- It’s supposed to be 86 degrees on Saturday! For Houston, that is a pretty big deal. I’m hoping to spend as much of the day outside as possible.
Thanks for following along with my ramblings and stopping to see today’s style post! I hope you all have a great rest of your week. And just think, we are that much closer to the weekend!
photos by Ban Avenue