I’m a firm believer in making lists. Whether big, small or just daily to-do lists, these plans of action keep me on track and keep my goals in check. For example, I just went over my 2017 bucket list and I’ve already checked the majority of it off. It certainly was a good feeling going back and seeing that almost all was accomplished … and it’s only just October! Today I’m making a fall bucket list not only for myself but also in the hopes that it inspires you to get out & about and take advantage of all that fall has to offer.
I’m also sharing details on a REALLY exciting trip that I’m taking in just two days! Here’s to hoping my next destination comes with chilly fall weather too. Hop on down below to see where!
SO the day after tomorrow I will be heading to Atlanta for AmericasMart with The Blog Societies! I seriously could not be more thrilled for the opportunity to get away for a bit and immerse myself in spring fashion with a few of my fellow bloggers. For those of you who aren’t familiar with AmericasMart, it is a wholesale market offering gifts, home decor & apparel for boutiques and shops across the country. It is a pretty big deal in the retail world and you can click here for more information. I’ll be chatting ALL about it later this week and on the blog soon after. So stay tuned!
While I am beyond excited to go, a part of me is a little nervous about leaving Annie. This will be my first time to travel without her since she was born. I know it will be so good for me to have a break (and a good night’s sleep) but there may or may not be one tiny tear or two shed but I’m sure as soon as I board that plane and can actually sit back & RELAX I’ll feel a lot better. Also, thank goodness for the existence of FaceTime!
Shop the Look:
Now … on to all things fall & my fall bucket list! Doesn’t this outfit (and background) give you guys all the fall feels!? Truth be told, it was borderline 90 degrees when we snapped these which wasn’t very idyllic of autumn. Crossing my fingers those temps drop for us soon though! Regardless, this cream top and metallic skirt will be on heavy rotation in my wardrobe all season long. In the meantime, I’m planning on getting my own taste of the fabulous season of fall by *hopefully* completing all of the bucket list items below. Also, these are fun fall-ish things that anyone can try to do, no matter where you live!
- Pick a pumpkin & place it on your porch. (Bonus points if I put a pot of mums right next to them!)
- Spend more time outside on the patio enjoying the autumnal air.
- Attend a tailgate & make a delicious appetizer to please a crowd.
- Drink hot (or cold) apple cider.
- Make homemade pumpkin bread. (The Trader Joe’s box of mix totally counts!)
- Attend a local festival. For me, it is to visit the State Fair of Texas & the Texas Renaissance Festival. (Checked one off that list already!)
- Light up the fire pit or chiminea. I’ll be sitting fireside with a glass of wine in my hand as soon as the temps will allow it.
- Take fall/holiday photos with your family.
- Break out your favorite sweaters. We are visiting family in Tennessee and I can’t wait to bust out ALL of my sweaters!!! (Bc we can’t really use them much down here in TX.)
- Dress up for Halloween. Can’t wait to take Annie to trick or treat for the first time.
- Drink pumpkin coffee. Whether its a bag of brewed or a PSL, ’tis the season!
- Incorporate fresh fall veggies in your recipes. My favorites are butternut squash, sweet potatoes, root veggies & pumpkin of course.
- Go hiking or check out a nearby nature trail.
- Watch at least one scary movie. And it’s okay if scary means Hocus Pocus or Practical Magic “scary.”
- And last but not least, Be Thankful!
What is on YOUR fall bucket list? And do writing little lists like these actually help you to accomplish your own personal goals whether they are for business, pleasure or just everyday life?
As always, thanks for stopping by the blog. & happy fall yall!
photos by Ban Avenue