I’m now more than one third of the way through my pregnancy and I have a nice baby bump to show for it! I know most people snap weekly photos documenting how big their bump gets each week. But for the most part, this is something I’ve been forgetting to do!
I recently found this Maternity Countdown Tee on Etsy and thought that this would make for a fun way to create a keepsake of personal photos to show how much our little one grew each week. Because won’t it be funny to look back on week 15 when I’m 38 weeks and laugh at the fact that I thought this was a big belly!?
Head down to the bottom of the post to hear an update on all things baby, why these leggings are my BFF right now, and fun details on a pop-up shop in Houston this weekend that you don’t want to miss!
At 15 weeks I’m currently:
Craving: Anything and everything! I’ve noticed my appetite SPIKE this past week! I’m always snacking on something. But pimento cheese has been my favorite lately.
Excited About: Her nursery! We’ve picked out a crib and an overall color scheme, now to start doing some shopping. (Which is always fun!)
Feeling: SO much more energy! It’s like I’ve awoken from a hazy fog or something. I’m now only spending large amounts of time on my couch because when the TV shows are that good, not because I’m too exhausted to do anything else. It’s so nice to have my “old self” back again.
But on the downside, I’m also noticing backaches here and there? I’m thinking this could just be my chair at work … or the baby. It’s so hard to tell what’s what these days!
Shopping for: Maternity clothes & itty bitty baby things!
- These leggings are a recent purchase from Pea in the Pod. I tried them on and literally wouldn’t take them off. I even kindly asked the sales associate to cut the tag off right then and there so I could walk out of the store in them!
- I started reading Bringing Up Bebe, a book on parenting from the French perspective. Three chapter’s in and I’ve learned a TON but now I’m also craving a croissant every time I read it!
- A new bra is a must for this crazy time. Love love this one!
- Just ordered this adorable bow & headband from Willow Crowns for the little one. A Houston friend of mine makes them herself and ships them all over!
- And naturally, she wouldn’t be my little girl without a pair of cowboy boots (or two!) I already snagged this pair and this one from Cavender’s. They’re so cute to look at while I wait for her arrival!
Speaking of shopping! This weekend I’ll be shopping at the Mamas + Makers Market, a curated pop-up market put on by the lovely ladies behind Cuteheads and Shop the Manor.
Having a baby girl on the way, I can’t get enough of frilly pretty dresses and Cuteheads hand makes so many cute styles for little girls of all ages. Even baby bloomers too! How adorable are these cute frocks from Cuteheads above!?
Lulu is also a local photographer that I’m so excited to meet because I’m planning on using her for our maternity & newborn photos! I love her previous work and I know I’m in good hands for our special photos coming just around the corner.
Hope to see you all at Mamas + Makers Market this weekend!
As always, thanks for stopping by the blog!
Photos by Lauren Beatty