Happy Friday! We’re smack dab in the middle of July and while some stores are starting to trickle in fall pieces already, I am still 100% in summer mode. Speaking of summer, I’m chatting about a few of my favorite summer staples with Ann Taylor today! I’m also revisiting my summer bucket list and checking up on whether or not I’m actually following it. Since we’re at the halfway point, I’m also sharing a few of my favorite ways to get the most out of this sunny season!
I’ve always loved Ann Taylor’s ultra-feminine and classic pieces. And the fact that their pieces often come in silhouettes that work season after season. Like this floral maxi skirt, for example, I know I’ll be pulling it out of my wardrobe many more summers to come. There are so many fun ways you can style it too, with a chambray top, a simple tank or any sort of white top. I paired this look with pink velvet heels (who says you can’t wear velvet in the summer?!) and matching pink sunnies that play off the colorful floral print.
Shop the Look:
So about a month and a half ago, I shared my summer bucket list. Now that I’m halfway through it I’m checking in on my wish lists & goals and seeing where I am this season.
- Swim in the ocean.
Attend any sort ofwork out class. Perks if Annie can come!(Checking out DefineBaby this week!) Go on more walks around the neighborhood. (Before9am … bc otherwise it’ll be too hot.) More dates with Patrick! Maybe we’ll actually get a babysitter this time?!
- Cook more seafood +
summer recipes at home. Day trip to Magnolia Market in Waco.
- Visit my college roomie in Austin.
Attend a blog conference. Travel somewhere new.
- Join our neighborhood pool + actually go to it!
- Build a sandcastle with Annie.
More girl’s nights. Sip wine on the patio more often. Wake up before Annie does to get work done + enjoy more free time with her during the day.
- Explore the Houston Aquarium.
- Ride our bikes again! & find a nifty bike baby carrier for Annie.
Visit family every chance we get.
- See the symphony in the park.
Read 1-3 books… & finish them!
- See fireworks.
Okayyyy so it looks like I still have a few more things to check off before pumpkin spice season rolls around! Do y’all feel like you’ve maxed out the first half of your summer so far? A few of my favorite tips on getting the most out of this sunny season are:
- Play Tourist in Your Own Town. Visit a local museum, go on a nature walk or opt for a staycation in a part of town you don’t frequent too often.
- Rediscover Your Backyard. Try grilling out more often, have a picnic under the trees or install a swing or a hammock for something fun & different. Or even test out your green thumb & give gardening a try!
- Splash Your Way through Summer. Take advantage of any and every opportunity to stay cool & go for a swim! Check out your neighborhood pool, visit a nearby lake, make a trek to the closest beach or even set up a baby pool or sprinkler in your backyard. To me, swimming is quintessential summer & a necessity for staying cool outdoors in Texas!
Hope your weekend is filled with some summer fun! I’ll be in Memphis for a baby shower and I couldn’t be more thrilled to get together with friends & family. Follow along on instagram + stories to see what I’m up to!
photos by Ban Avenue